10 High School Students Shared Their Intentions for 2019
The Power of New Year Intentions, Not Resolutions
This year, instead of focusing on New Year’s resolutions, the Milton Hershey School community is setting intentions for the year. Inspired by our Opening of School Assembly in August of 2018, living with intent is doing something with purpose. It’s feeling empowered to give back with the intention of making a positive impact on others.
From committing to their grades and forming new friendships to sharing their positive spirit with the local community, we asked 10 high school students to share their goals and intentions for 2019.
1. To be a kinder person and allow myself to enjoy the little things.” —Dane
2. “To be more involved in the community and push myself to my best potential.” —Serenity
3. “To stay focused and try my hardest to follow through on what I say I’m going to do.” —Raya
4. “To stay fit mentally and physically, but to also keep peace in my mind, body and soul.” —Taylor
5. “To get myself prepared for college and ready to leave my MHS home.” —Krisha
6. “To start doing my homework all the time and get my grades back to where they should be.” —Robert
7. “To gain strong friendships and explore new things.” —Crystal
8. “To grow stronger relationships with my mentors before graduation.” —Aryanna
9. “To not only benefit myself with joy and happiness, but the community around me.” —Kyle
10. “To be better than before.” —Morgan