Maintaining the Bond
Milton Hershey School alumni, or “Milts,” share bonds that last a lifetime. Our graduates are the people they are today because they are Spartans.
Just as MHS has helped its students learn and grow through the years, this is just another transition. The Graduate Programs for Success (GPS) Division is there to support students as they become alumni. We also work to keep graduates connected—to MHS and to each other.
Preparing Soon-to-Be Graduates
High school students and new graduates first call upon GPS to help with:
- Providing career and college counselor guidance during high school and postgraduate years
- Navigating a career path or apprenticeship/trade school learning
- Locating an internship
- Preparing to obtain employment
- Enlisting in the military
Resources and Support for Young Alumni
GPS also provides resources and supportive relationships for young alumni after graduation. Access them through our sister website, mhsalum.org. These tools include:
- Materials to help with college application and financial aid processes
- Continuing Education Scholarship management tools
- Support from higher education specialists while enrolled in college and managing the experience
- Help finding fellow alumni working in a certain field or living in a specific area
Alumni Share the Meaning of Enrollment Day
On Enrollment Day, students get a glimpse of the people and places that make MHS special. The memories they make on this special day will last throughout their time at MHS and even further into their future. In fact, most of the more than 11,000 MHS alumni remember the date they enrolled, what emotions they felt, and how they transitioned to their new home-away-from-home.
A Connected Network
Students who attend MHS share a unique and unbreakable bond. Alumni mentor one another, share career and life advice, and serve as family. They lovingly refer to one another as Milt brothers and sisters. The MHS Alumni Relations department, part of GPS, provides resources to keep this network of graduates connected, including:
- Volunteering opportunities
- Alumni events and awards opportunities
MHS Alumni Association
Graduates come together as proud alumni through the Milton Hershey School Alumni Association (MHSAA). MHSAA’s office is located on the Dearden Alumni Campus. Young graduates receive free membership for the first six years after graduation.
Our graduates serve an important role in the Milton Hershey School family. They are role models for generations to come. Their success today is due in part to a nurturing foundation from MHS.
“Since I was a child, I wanted to be a positive agent of change. I wanted to work to alleviate suffering and poverty, and ultimately, try to get at conflicts’ root causes.”
“My passion for agriculture was cultivated on the grounds at MHS. These experiences set the stage and created the groundwork for what I'm doing today.”