MHS Graduate is the Top Triple Jumper in the USA
On Sunday, June 23, Milton Hershey School graduate Treyvon Ferguson ’18 triple jumped his way to becoming a national champion at the United States Track and Field U20 National Championship.
Treyvon, now a rising sophomore at The University of Kansas, won the triple jump event by leaping 52-11. With his win, he will advance to compete in the Pan American U20 Championship this July in Costa Rica.
While a student at MHS, Treyvon set the school record in triple jump at 50′ 9.5″ and had many track and field highlights including:
- All American Honors in the 2016 AAU Junior Olympics National Championship, placing first in triple jump
- First place triple jump finish in the District 3 Championship in 2017
- All State Honors in the PIAA State Championship in 2017, placing first in triple jump
- All State Honors in the PTFCA Indoor State Triple Jump Championship in 2018, placing first
- All American Honors in the 2018 New Balance Indoor National Championship, placing second in triple jump
- Top American recognition in the 2018 Penn Relays Carnival with a third place finish in triple jump
Congratulations Treyvon and best of luck next month!