Teaching Jobs at Milton Hershey School
Education Beyond the Classroom
Careers in education are worth every minute. At Milton Hershey School, we aim to graduate students with strong character who become productive global citizens. That means our teachers serve as more than educators. They also are leaders, mentors, and positive role models. Our teachers deliver academic excellence and create learning experiences beyond the classroom. They are passionate about making a difference in the lives of low-income students and committed to every child’s success.
If that sounds like the kind of educator you strive to be, consider MHS. Starting pay for new teacher graduates is $69,608 (2023-24 school year).
Teaching Careers within MHS Academic Programs
MHS hires teachers for three academic divisions:
- Elementary Division (Pre-K to 4th Grade)
- Middle Division (5th to 8th Grade)
- Senior Division (9th to 12th Grade)
In addition to educators, our schools are staffed with health care professionals and social workers. The high school also employs college and career counselors as well as career tech instructors.
Milton Hershey School educators are well compensated with competitive salaries and benefits. They receive excellent professional development. Other perks of the job include:
- Starting pay of $69,608 (2023-24 school year)
- A new teacher induction program that incorporates Penn Literacy
- A mentor teacher in the first year of employment
- Ongoing professional development
- A 100% tuition-reimbursement program.
Our innovative educational spaces and whole child approach to learning are valued by those who have dedicated their lives to careers in education and to the students they teach. At MHS, you’ll find well-resourced classrooms and so much more:
- State-of-the-art technology
- One-to-one learning environment in all grades
- Diverse student body
- Small class sizes
- Collaborative work environment
- Whole child approach to education
- Support of content area curriculum professionals
- Common planning periods
Additional Benefits for Teachers
- Competitive compensation $69,608 (2023-24 school year)
- Excellent benefits for full-time positions
- Federal student loan forgiveness programming
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing professional development
- Relocation assistance
- Free lunches in the student cafeterias
- Health and wellness programs and facilities
- Employee discounts
- Work in the “Sweetest Place on Earth”
Hear from MHS Educators
Our teachers regularly share their experiences and best practices through stories and blog posts. This is your chance to learn and share.
Embracing and Modeling Values
Character and values play critical roles in the success of our students. Our teachers embrace the MHS Sacred Values:
- Positive Spirit
- Commitment to Mission
- Mutual Respect
Ready to Apply?
Does teaching at MHS seem like an amazing opportunity? Bookmark our career listings page and check weekly for new job posts. Also, follow us on LinkedIn!
In addition to competitive pay, full-time teachers are eligible for a benefits package.
Throughout the year, MHS fills substitute assignments through Substitute Teacher Service.
Application & Resume Help
Teaching jobs at Milton Hershey School can be very competitive. Also, the application process can be lengthy. If you’re interested in applying, consider these helpful tips.
We value those committed to careers in education and can’t wait to connect with you! Here are some things to keep in mind as you plan your next step at MHS.
- Teaching positions are posted in the first half of the calendar year. This allows us to hire and train teachers before the start of school.
- Visit the MHS job postings regularly. New opportunities may be available. Positions are posted for a minimum of five business days.
- New teacher graduates may apply during their senior year, ahead of graduation and pending certifications.
- Out-of-state teachers may apply before attaining Pennsylvania teacher certifications.
- You may apply to multiple positions if you’re qualified. If not selected this year, you’re welcome to try again next year.
- If you’re already an MHS employee, use the intranet application with your MHS email address.
- Do not upload certifications, clearance documents, or references prior to an interview. That is requested later.
- Ensure your spam filter won’t block emails from our system. We do respond to all applicants.
- Stick to a two-page resume. It should provide detail on your teaching experience. Include classes and curriculum you’ve taught, student demographics, your accomplishments, and work with students beyond the classroom.
- Substitute teaching opportunities at MHS are managed via the Substitute Teacher Service. Get more details.
- Please do not make calls about your application status. However, if you’re having technical difficulties completing an online application, call 717-520-3359 for help.
Milton Hershey School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools. Our students’ PSSA results place us above the state average. MHS continually ranks as a leader in performance results for children from lower-income families.