Substitute Teaching at Milton Hershey School
Substitute Teaching Opportunities
MHS fills substitute teaching positions through Substitute Teacher Service. This includes both day-to-day and long-term assignments during the school year, breaks, and summers. Through the service, you have the flexibility to choose sub assignments at MHS based on your interest and availability.
The competitive compensation rates for substitute teaching at MHS follows our per diem pay schedule:
- Days 1 through 20 – $130 per day
- Days 21 through 71 – $140 per day
- Days 72 through 122 – $150 per day
- Days 123 through year end – $175 per day
Extended assignment substitutes with added responsibilities may be eligible for the $175-per-day pay rate earlier.
Perks for Substitute Teachers
As a sub at MHS, you’ll benefit from:
- Established lesson plans provided in the classrooms by MHS teachers
- Collaborative faculty
- Small class sizes
- Well-resourced classrooms
- Access to free lunch in the school cafeterias