Alumni Awards and Recognition
Milton Hershey School’s first alumni recognition program began more than 50 years ago with the Alumnus of the Year Award.
Today, our talented and inspiring alumni are recognized through three separate award programs:
- Alumnus of the Year—awarded once every year to recognize an alumnus who is making a difference in the world.
- Alumni Achievement Awards—three Alumni Achievement Award categories, including Academic Excellence, Career Accomplishment, and Community Service.
- Induction into the Spartan Hall of Fame—recognizes graduates for their athletic achievements or talents in the visual and performing arts while they were students.
How to Nominate
The Alumni Awards Committees seek your assistance in identifying alumni who are deserving of these awards.
When submitting a nomination, please include as much information as possible, including:
- The name, phone number and email address of person making the nomination.
- The name of the graduate being nominated, class year and address.
- Nomination statements that are no longer than three typewritten, single-spaced, 8 ½ by 11 inch pages.
- Letters of support, newspaper and magazine articles, resumes and curriculum in addition to the nomination statement.
*Current alumni serving on the Board of Managers are not eligible to receive awards.
Nomination material should be mailed to:
Alumni Awards Committee
C/O MHS Alumni Relations and Programs Office
P.O. Box 830
Hershey, PA 17033
More than 600 alumni enrolled at Milton Hershey School in kindergarten or first grade, some even earlier. These alumni become known as “lifers.”
To honor the commitment and sacrifice made by these alumni and their families, you can find granite engravings of their names at the Purcell Friendship Garden.
Milton Hershey School alumni share bonds that last a lifetime. If you want to learn more about our inspiring alumni network or want to find ways to get involved, browse the following Alumni Relations resources.