Transitional Living Assistant – Flex
JOB ID: 21000013
Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free, private home and school for over 2,000 pre-K through 12th grade students. Since its’ founding, the lives of more than 11,000 children from lower income and working-class families have been transformed through high-quality education and a nurturing, structured home life.
MHS is hiring Flex Transitional Living Assistants (FTLA) to live with and supervise high school seniors in campus residence halls in Hershey, PA. FTLA’s mentor MHS seniors to ensure they develop the life skills necessary for success post-graduation – whether they are entering post-secondary education, the military, or the world of work. This includes preparing students for the challenges they’ll face. Students are to learn self-responsibility, goal setting, planning & prioritization, time management, personal finance, and interpersonal skills - including appropriate dating behaviors and managing peer pressure.
FTLA’s provide life skills training and coaching, and are constant role models. They also create and implement evening & weekend recreational and social activities. Taking students to Sunday chapel services is a component of the job. In collaboration with fellow staff members, FTLAs evaluate the program and contribute to refining it to ensure students are well prepared for success post-graduation.
Additionally, FTLA’s provide coverage in MHS’s students homes as needed.
This is a year-round position, working a schedule of 9 consecutive days, followed by 3 days off. Compensation includes a minimum salary of $44,982 plus a benefits package. Housing & utilities are provided. Up to $2,800 in relocation assistance is available.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience living and working in youth residential settings preferred.
- Experience mentoring, teaching &/or advising diverse youth from under-served settings desired.
- Demonstrated success in developing & delivering life skills training is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills required including the ability to effectively manage conflict and inspire others.
- High degree of organizational skills & flexibility required.
- Computer skills including Microsoft & Google applications, Internet & social media.
- Because this is a live in position, the following parameters apply. Only married spouse may reside in the apartment and overnight guests must be pre-approved. No pets, no smoking and no weapons. No alcohol while on duty.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.