Transitional Living Assistant – Flex
JOB ID: 21000013
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is accepting applications for Flex Transitional Living Assistants (FTLA).FTLAs are responsible for preparing MHS High School Seniors for successful independent living once they graduate – whether they are entering college, the military or the world of work. FTLA’s live in and work in MHS’s residence halls for high school seniors. They are constant role models, advisors and supervisors of the students. In partnership with other Transitional Living staff, the FTLA’s deliver life skills training, as well as create and implement recreational activities. FTLA’s also take students to Sunday chapel. FTLAs work to ensure students develop the independent living skills they need in order to be successful post-graduation. This includes helping students recognize and prepare for the realities of the challenges they will face on their own. There is strong emphasis on students learning self-responsibility, goal-setting, planning, time management, personal finance, and interpersonal skills - including appropriate dating behaviors and responding appropriately to peer pressure. In collaboration with other Transitional Living Staff, the FTLAs evaluate the programs’ success on an ongoing basis and contribute to the refinement of the program - adapting it to meet the ever changing challenges of the world students live in today. FTLA’s work a schedule of 12 consecutive days, followed by 3 days off. This is a year round position. Minimum salary of $44,982 plus benefits. Housing & utilities are provided. Up to $2,800 in relocation assistance is available. Currently we are hiring for a February or April 2022 start.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s a plus.
- Experience living and working in college residential settings a plus.
- Two or more years of experience counseling, teaching, advising &/or working with lower income youth is preferred, including demonstrated success in developing & delivering life skills training.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills required including the ability to effectively manage conflict and inspire others to develop and grow.
- High degree of organizational skills & flexibility required.
- Skills in Microsoft & Google applications, Internet & social media.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- On campus residence required. A married spouse is permitted to reside with the FTLA, but the buildings do not accommodate pets nor children.
- MHS is a non-smoking campus.
- Must be able to work 12 consecutive days. (Days off do not include weekends.)
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.