Transitional Living Assistant – Flex
JOB ID: 21000013
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free home and school for 2,000 students from lower income. MHS is currently seeking Flex Transitional Living Assistants (FTLA) which are live-in salaried positions dedicated to ensuring students are ready for success once they graduate – whether they are entering post-secondary education, the military, or the world of work. This is a key program for the School to ensure students are well prepared for life on their own.
FTLA’s live and work in MHS’s residence halls for high school seniors. They are constant role models, advisors, and supervisors of the students. In partnership with other Transitional Living staff, the FTLA’s provide life skills training and coaching. They also create and implement evening & weekend recreational and social activities. FTLA’s are also responsible for taking students to Sunday chapel.
FTLAs invest in students to help them develop key independent living skills. This includes helping students prepare for the realities of the challenges they will face. There is strong emphasis on students learning self-responsibility, goal setting, planning & prioritization, time management, personal finance, and interpersonal skills - including appropriate dating behaviors and responding effectively to peer pressure.
In collaboration with other Transitional Living Staff, the FTLAs evaluate the programs’ success on a continual basis and contribute to refining the program - adapting it to meet the ever-changing challenges of the world students will enter.
FTLA’s work a schedule of 12 consecutive days, followed by 3 days off (effective August 1, 2022 the schedule will be 9 days on followed by 3 days off). This is a year-round position. Minimum salary of $44,982 plus benefits. Housing & utilities are provided. Up to $2,800 in relocation assistance is available.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s a plus.
- Experience living and working in college residential settings a plus.
- Two or more years of experience counseling, teaching, advising &/or working with lower income youth is preferred, including demonstrated success in developing & delivering life skills training.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills required including the ability to effectively manage conflict and inspire others to develop and grow.
- High degree of organizational skills & flexibility required.
- Skills in Microsoft & Google applications, Internet & social media.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- On campus residence required. A married spouse is permitted to reside with the FTLA, but the buildings do not accommodate pets nor children.
- MHS is a non-smoking campus.
- Must be able to work 12 consecutive days (August 1, 2022 it will be 9 consecutive days)
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.