Boy Scout Co-Leader
JOB ID: 24000006
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking Scouting Divisional Co-Leaders to assist with Boy Scouts with MHS Middle School students. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Assisting in training and guiding both, boy & girl Scouts as members of the MHS Troop.
- Assisting with supervision, instruction and activities as instructed.
- Assist in conducting weekly Troop meetings.
- Providing assistance in a minimum of 5 (five) camping experiences for the Troop.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and participation of all relevant ceremonies.
- Assist in assuring that all activities are conducted within the BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining records of BSA advancement by MHS students.
Work Schedule: 1-2 hours per week, 1 weekend per month, 1 week during summer (depending on the needs of the program).
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Driver’s license in good standing required.
- Experience working with youth and adults of all ages in a diverse workplace.
- Skilled in mentoring and developing youth. Experience with low income students a plus.
- Boys and or girls scouting experience, a plus.
- Ability to travel frequently, including some overnight travel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust plans when unexpected changes occur.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and effectively coordinate meetings and demanding schedules.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.