Developing the whole child, year round
The Year-Round Experiences (YRE) program is based on the philosophy that learning and development happens all year long, in both traditional and non-traditional classrooms.
YRE provides a consistent experience throughout the year during school holiday breaks and summer months – in a safe and nurturing environment. All students can rely on YRE to provide enrichment that helps them build relationships, explore new interests and support their classroom learning.
For students who choose to remain on campus, the first six weeks of summer are “student choice” weeks.
From field trips and sports to drama and carnivals, there’s always an exciting learning experience. Academic and enrichment programs offered through YRE:
- Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth.
- Pittsburgh Technical Institute’s Summer Camp.
- History America Gettysburg Immersion Trip.
- Junior Police Academy.
- The Pennsylvania Suzuki Institute for the Arts.
- Theater Literacy with a trip to the Shakespeare Festival.
- STEM Wildlife Habitat Design Challenge.