Senior Administrative Secretary
JOB ID: 22000328
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
MHS is seeking a Senior Administrative Secretary for the Psychological Services Department to provide administrative and operational support for the Director and Staff of the Psychological Services team, while also collaborating extensively with other building Senior Administrative Secretaries and others throughout MHS. This position plays a key role in contributing to the department’s ability to provide high quality student support services consistent with the vision and mission of MHS. It entails developing an extensive knowledge of the school’s operations, effectively prioritizing on a continual basis, extensively collaborating within MHS, and extensively interacting with external resources. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Extensive scheduling, meetings, and assessment appointments.
- Administrative support of the planning internship program, interview schedules and other initiatives.
- Addressing urgent matters pro-actively & professionally.
- Pro-actively communicating and collaborating with others within MHS and with key collaborators.
- Drafting & finalizing communications, presentations, and reports.
- Ensuring timely & effective communication with staff, students, sponsors, employers, etc.
- Coordinating, consolidating, and disseminating information on a pro-active basis.
- Processing financials, reports, entering payroll, work orders, and budgets.
- Ensuring records retention protocols are followed.
- Printing and filing students’ charts.
- Providing miscellaneous administrative support such as phones, filing, ordering materials, data entry, etc.
- Project management.
- Other duties as needed.
This is an in-person, year-round position which compensates $20.00 to $25.60 an hour, plus benefits. Standard hours of operation of 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 3 years of successful administrative support experience in a high-volume academic setting.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft and Apple applications. Experience with school databases a plus.
- Experience assisting with school scheduling and educational testing preferred.
- Experience with financial administration responsibilities desired.
- Exceptional ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize competing responsibilities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively collaborate with others.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- High degree of detail and quality orientation, initiative, professionalism & good judgement, customer service orientation, and confidentiality required.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- Candidates should be eager to actively engage with students and their families/sponsors.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.