Senior Administrative Secretary
JOB ID: 22000206
Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition-free, private home and school for over 2,000 pre-K through 12th grade students. Since its’ founding, the lives of more than 11,000 children from lower income and working-class families have been transformed through high-quality education and a positive, nurturing home life.
MHS is currently seeking a Senior Administrative Secretary to collaboratively support the leadership team at the middle school which serves 800 students in grades 5th through 8th grades. This position is in Hershey, PA and is an in-person role. This role provides administrative support to the school’s principal and three assistant principals. The Senior Admins also assist others throughout division as needed. The responsibilities include:
- Extensive scheduling utilizing Microsoft Outlook.
- Addressing urgent matters expediently and professionally.
- Coordinating, consolidating, and disseminating information.
- Coordinating activities, programs, events, and testing.
- Ensuring timely communications with staff, students, students’ family, and others.
- Drafting and finalizing documentation in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GoogleDocs
- Data entry and database utilization.
- Monitoring budget, expense tracking and other financial administrative duties.
- Ensuring appropriate records retention protocol is followed.
- Ensuring smooth operations of the front office.
- Collaborating with other administrative professionals throughout MHS.
- Other duties as needed including ordering materials, data entry, project management and more.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 3 years of experience in successful office administration in a high-volume setting.
- School office administrative experience a plus, including experience creating school schedules.
- Budget administration experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications & GoogleDocs required. PeopleSoft experience a plus. Infinite-Campus experience a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including verbal and written.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills required.
- High degree of professionalism and high-quality customer service required.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- MHS desires candidates who are “all in” and eager to engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.