Per-Diem Certified Nursing/Medical Assistant
Back to all CareersWorking at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move. MHS is seeking Per-diem Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) or Certified Medical Assistants (CMAs) to join an amazing team at our Health Center. The MHS Health Center is staffed by Registered Nurses, Physicians, Certified Nursing & Medical Assistants and Staff Assistants that provides comprehensive health care to students from lower income families in an infirmary (40 beds) for ill, injured or postoperative students, as well as mental wellness services. Current need is to work a minimum of 5 hours per week (current need hours between: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm) and two 8-hour weekend shifts in a 4-week scheduling period. Base pay rate: $16 an hour; 2nd shift at $17 an hour; 3rd shift at $18 an hour. Part-time employees do not receive benefits.
JOB ID: 20000106
Job Category: Health Services (Medical, Dental and Psych Svcs)
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Valid current certification from a state approved Nursing or Medical Assistant training program or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as certified nursing assistant or medical assistant, required.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications required. OSHA trained for blood-borne pathogens preferred.
- Valid PA driver’s license in good standing required.
- Physically able to lift and assist injured students.
- Experience working with a diverse workplace, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and team environment in a busy and dynamic work setting.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered role models for MHS Students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.