Part-Time Relief/Weekend Houseparents
JOB ID: 22000245
Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free, private home and school for over 2,000 pre-K through 12th grade students. Since its’ founding, the lives of more than 11,000 children from lower income and working-class families have been transformed through high-quality education and a nurturing, structured home life.
MHS is hiring married couples to be weekend houseparents (also known as relief houseparents or RHP’s). RHP’s work every other weekend while the full-time houseparents are off duty – overseeing the home and supervising eight to twelve students. The work weekend begins on Friday at 6 p.m. and lasts until Sunday at 9:30 p.m. A private apartment attached to the student home is provided for weekend houseparent use so they’re able to provide round the clock oversight.
RHP’s oversee the students’ weekend activities which includes providing meals, overseeing chores, planning and leading recreational opportunities, and providing enrichment activities. Sundays include taking students to Sunday chapel services. RHP’s collaborate closely with the full-time houseparents to maintain the student home and routines to ensure students’ well-being. Relief houseparents frequently interact with other MHS staff members and students’ families as a community of caregivers.
The pay rate is $741.39 per weekend, per person. Meals are provided to couples while working. Paid training is provided and required annually.
- Legally married for at least two years and over the age of 27.
- Experience working or volunteering with youth.
- Valid driver’s licenses in good standing and willing to drive a nine-passenger van.
- Skills include: leadership, interpersonal, organizational, administrative, computer, budgeting and flexibility.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No more than 2 children may accompany the couple. No pets or guests.
- Abide by a smoke free and weapon free campus. No alcohol while on duty.
- Comfortable taking students to Sunday chapel services. No proselytizing.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- Please note - both spouses must complete an individual employment application to be considered.
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.