Electrician-Maintenance Technician II
JOB ID: 22000355
For more than 110 years, Milton Hershey School (MHS) has helped children realize their full potential by offering a top-notch private, cost-free education in a residential model to students in pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade from income-eligible families. Working at MHS is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is currently seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician II - Electrician to join the team. This position is an Electrician by trade with the skills and experience necessary to respond and perform corrective, proactive and preventative maintenance on all campus facility equipment & infrastructure at a Journeyman Level. The incumbent is required to demonstrate journeyman level skill through successful completion of a practical exercise and written testing. All work is to be performed in accordance with all state, local and federal codes and regulations, and may require licensing. Work assignments will be based on the overall skills of the Maintenance Technician II – Electrician, however, this position is required to support any of the mechanical trade disciplines.
Work schedule: full-time flex shift with any combination of the shift times listed below on a weekly basis. A full-time schedule shall consist of forty (40) hours of scheduled work with a minimum of two (2) days off:
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. – Current need
- 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 midnight
- 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Bargaining unit position with OPS-464. The starting salary for this position is $30.86 an hour and after the probationary period (1 year) the salary will increase. Our full-time employees receive generous health and insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum three (3) years current work experience within institutional and residential settings in conjunction with two (2) years of post-high school technical training in relevant fields such as:
- Electrical Distribution
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Exterior/Site Lighting
- DDC Control Systems
- Electrical Apprenticeship Program (license desirable)
- Or, six (6) years of relevant current work experience in an institutional and residential application.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, practices & techniques used in the installation, repair and maintenance HVAC/R, plumbing, appliances, and electrical systems.
- Valid PA Driver’s License in good standing. CDL license a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour Training. OSHA 30-Hour Training a plus.
- Building Management System experience preferred.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.