Dining Room Worker – Part-Time
JOB ID: 22000027
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is hiring part-time Dining Room Workers (DRW) for its growing Food Services Team. This position is responsible for assisting in preparing, servicing, portioning and monitoring the school cafeteria meals for staff and students. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: assisting in the set up & monitoring of tables, service areas and dish washing, cleaning up the dining room & Food Service facilities after the meals are served, preparing and servicing a variety of catered events, and performing other duties as assigned.
The standard work schedule for this position is flex Monday through Friday up to 29 hours per week. Flexibility with the schedule is essential in this position to meet the needs of the school (earlier starts, occasional weekends & evenings for catering). The part-time DRW may work catering functions prior and/or beyond the normal regular work/shift schedule (plus shift differential). Bargaining unit position with OPS-464. The starting pay for this position is $18.67 an hour and after the probationary period (1 year) the pay will increase accordingly with the school year.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior food services, kitchen, catering or customer service experience, preferred.
- Experience in Safe Food handling practices, preferred.
- Valid NSF Serv Safe Certification or ability to obtain upon hire within six months.
- Valid PA Driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to operate and care for institutional large kitchen equipment (convection ovens, dishwashers and other kitchen utilities).
- Physically capable to lift and/or carry up to 50+ pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to respond to customer service related issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate and interact with students and adults in a diverse and multicultural professional environment.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.