Board of Managers: James W. Brown
James W. Brown
Appointed: Director 2016
Highlights: Mr. Brown brings vast experience in both the public and private sectors to the Boards of Hershey Trust Company and Milton Hershey School. He has a long-standing interest in education, particularly for disadvantaged children. He has served as an adjunct professor at Villanova University, a trustee of the Gesu School (an inner-city Catholic grade school), a founding trustee of the Young Scholars Charter School (a school with an economically disadvantaged student body), and a trustee for Immaculata University. In addition, Mr. Brown has significant experience in government, finance and private equity/venture capital. His familiarity with policy and operations of government and his experience as an investor in and director of both public and private companies bring value to the Boards.
- Chief of Staff to U.S. Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr.
- Founding Partner, SCP Private Equity Partners
- Chief of Staff to Pennsylvania Governor Robert P. Casey
- Pennsylvania Secretary of General Services
- Partner, Dilworth Paxson
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A., Villanova University