What Do You Want to Do?

Enroll at Milton Hershey

See if my family qualifies for Milton Hershey

Learn what it’s like to live at Milton Hershey

Learn what it’s like to attend school at Milton Hershey

Schedule a visit to Milton Hershey

See what events are happening

Talk to someone from Milton Hershey (live chat or phone number)

Work at Milton Hershey


Information For You

I’m a PARENT looking to Enroll my child.

My child will be in:

Elementary School (grades K-4)
 Middle School (grades 5-8)
High School (grades 9-12)

I’m a STUDENT looking to go to Milton Hershey School.

I’ll be in:

Elementary School (grades K-4)
 Middle School (grades 5-8)
High School (grades 9-12)

I (OR MY FAMILY MEMBER) just got accepted to Milton Hershey School

Tell Me What’s Next

I want to WORK at Milton Hershey School

As a Teacher
As a Staff Member
As a Houseparent

I’m a STUDENT at Milton Hershey School.

I WORK at Milton Hershey School

I’m an ALUMNUS of Milton Hershey School

Life After Milton Hershey
Become an Alumni Recruiter
Alumni Association Website


Transferring to Another School/Changing Majors

Even though our College & Career Counselors do much advanced planning with students in regards to their Graduation Plan and finding the “right fit” in a post-secondary school, occasionally students wish to transfer schools or change majors. The CES program will support graduates who have sound reasons for transferring or changing majors, as long as the majority of the college credits the CES program previously funded at the prior school(s), or in the prior major, also transfer! See the table below for required minimum transfer credits:

Number of Semesters
Paid using CES Funds
1 2 3 4 5 6
Minimum Number of
Transfer Credits Needed
12 24 36 48 63 78

The original criteria for CES approval also apply to any transfer request (see Approved Graduation Plan):

  • Family/Milton Hershey School Support
  • Post-Secondary School Support Services
  • Post-Secondary School Visit
  • Course of Study
  • Financial Feasibility
  • High School Performance Matrix

Approval for a transfer/major change must come from the College & Career Counselor and Financial Aid Coordinator. All initial requests should be made through the College & Career Counselor. A good source of college and transfer information can be found through The College Board.

General Procedures for Transferring:

  • Mid-year transfers for 1st year students are prohibited. First year students have the option of staying at the same college through the spring term, stopping out of college for the spring term, or paying for the spring term at a new college on their own;
  • Mid-year transfers for upperclassmen students are strongly discouraged due to the challenges involved with the timing of transferring credits, financial aid, and the payment of bills. Special approval for an upperclass mid-year transfer is needed from the College & Career Counselor and Financial Aid Coordinator;
  • Apply to the new school at least TWO months in advance of desired enrollment term;
  • Add the new school to your FAFSA – contact the Financial Aid Office for their Federal School Code;
  • Complete a CES Transfer Application form at least TWO months in advance of desired enrollment term at the new school. The CES Transfer Application must be returned to Transition Services along with the following forms (by December 1st for Spring transfers and July 1st for Fall transfers):
    • Acceptance Letter
    • Financial Aid Award Letter
    • Transfer Credit Evaluation
  • Submit all other required CES forms (Release Form, Student Data Sheet, Official Academic Transcripts, etc.) as usual.

Your transfer or change of major MUST BE APPROVED in writing before any CES funds will be disbursed on your behalf. Students who are not transferring the minimum number of required credits will not have their transfer request approved and will have to pay for their schooling on their own until achieving the minimum credit requirement OR stay at their current school.

MHS class rings

CES Information

At Milton Hershey School, it is important to see graduates continuing their education and leading productive and successful lives post-graduation. The Continuing Education Scholarship  was established to provide scholarship assistance to eligible graduates pursuing full-time study. Learn more about your status and eligibility. 

View CES Information

Human Resources
P.O. Box 830
Hershey, PA 17033-0830

(717) 520-2000
(800) 322-3248

GPS: East Governor Road & Meadow Lane


Founders Hall
P.O. Box 830
Hershey, PA 17033-0830

(717) 520-2000
(800) 322-3248

GPS: East Governor Road & Meadow Lane


Enrollment Management Center
430 East Governor Road
Hershey, PA 17033

(800) 322-3248


665 Brook Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

(717) 520-2808