What Do You Want to Do?

Enroll at Milton Hershey

See if my family qualifies for Milton Hershey

Learn what it’s like to live at Milton Hershey

Learn what it’s like to attend school at Milton Hershey

Schedule a visit to Milton Hershey

See what events are happening

Talk to someone from Milton Hershey (live chat or phone number)

Work at Milton Hershey


Information For You

I’m a PARENT looking to Enroll my child.

My child will be in:

Elementary School (grades K-4)
 Middle School (grades 5-8)
High School (grades 9-12)

I’m a STUDENT looking to go to Milton Hershey School.

I’ll be in:

Elementary School (grades K-4)
 Middle School (grades 5-8)
High School (grades 9-12)

I (OR MY FAMILY MEMBER) just got accepted to Milton Hershey School

Tell Me What’s Next

I want to WORK at Milton Hershey School

As a Teacher
As a Staff Member
As a Houseparent

I’m a STUDENT at Milton Hershey School.

I WORK at Milton Hershey School

I’m an ALUMNUS of Milton Hershey School

Life After Milton Hershey
Become an Alumni Recruiter
Alumni Association Website


Living Off-Campus

Living on-campus is the single, best predictor of success in a student’s early college years!

National statistics indicate that students who live on-campus are more involved in school activities, more likely to take advantage of campus academic resources, build a greater number of significant relationships with faculty, students and staff, and feel an overall sense of belonging not as prevalent in students living off-campus.

For these crucial reasons, MHS strongly encourages students to attend post-secondary schools that offer on-campus housing for all students! The CES program will NOT pay any tuition, fees, room and board costs for students living off-campus during their first or second year of school. Students attending colleges without on-campus housing are required to commute from home for the first and second year.

Below are some important guidelines to consider before deciding whether to move off-campus:

The maximum CES rate for off-campus “living allowance” (rent, utilities and meals) expenses is calculated using U.S. Office of Housing & Urban Development rental data and private market rent values for your specific geographic area. The final, actual living allowance rate is set once each student’s lease is reviewed;

    • The living allowance is intended to help support your rent, utility, and meal costs for the academic year;

Most academic years are 9 months (September – May), and hence, most living allowance payments are based on 9 months. Students should try to secure a 9-month lease because the CES program will not support housing costs for months in which our graduates are not full-time students (i.e. summer);

    • You must submit a signed copy of your lease before CES funds will be released;
    • Living allowance funds will be sent no earlier than 2-3 weeks before the start of classes;
    • MHS may request copies of paid rent checks or utility bills as proof CES funds are being used properly;
    • Direct Deposit of living allowance funds IS AVAILABLE – contact the CES Office for details;
    • If you choose to live off-campus, you incur the risk of increased utility costs and other factors that come along with being an off-campus renter. You are responsible for paying for such increases and for other unknown cost factors that go along with off-campus life – not Milton Hershey School;
    • For students at semester schools, 50% of the living allowance will be sent to the student at the start of each semester and the other 50% will be sent at the mid-point of the term. Due to the shorter length of the terms, students at quarter/trimester schools will have 100% of their living allowance sent at the start of each term;
    • Students have the sole responsibility to open up a checking account, budget their living allowance resources, and to pay landlords and utility companies on time. No advances will be made to students who mismanage or lose their living allowance funds – or for any other circumstances;
    • No CES living allowance payments will be made to students who are living with family members, renting from family members, or subletting a room from “a friend” or MHS staff member. In these circumstances, students are considered to be living “at home” (commuter) & will only be eligible for the standard commuter board (meal) allowance;
    • To safeguard the authenticity of the lease, living allowance checks will be mailed to the street address on the signed lease only;
    • The CES program does NOT pay for off-campus housing deposits, security deposits, or advance rent payments.
MHS class rings

CES Information

At Milton Hershey School, it is important to see graduates continuing their education and leading productive and successful lives post-graduation. The Continuing Education Scholarship  was established to provide scholarship assistance to eligible graduates pursuing full-time study. Learn more about your status and eligibility. 

View CES Information

Human Resources
P.O. Box 830
Hershey, PA 17033-0830

(717) 520-2000
(800) 322-3248

GPS: East Governor Road & Meadow Lane


Founders Hall
P.O. Box 830
Hershey, PA 17033-0830

(717) 520-2000
(800) 322-3248

GPS: East Governor Road & Meadow Lane


Enrollment Management Center
430 East Governor Road
Hershey, PA 17033

(800) 322-3248


665 Brook Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

(717) 520-2808