Youth Group Leader – Middle School
JOB ID: 22000266
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking an energetic Youth Group Leader to work directly with the Religious Program Director to collaborate, plan and organize all aspects of the weekly events for the Middle School Division. MHS’s Middle School serves over 700 lower-income students enrolled in 5th through 8th grades. This ancillary position oversees all the logistics of the MHS middle school youth group activities known as “Something, Too” to students. Also, provides leadership to assistant staff and gives oversight to the planned event(s) each week. The work schedule is every Wednesday evening from 6:30 PM-8:30 PM for the youth group event and must have availability to work several hours each week, approximately 5 hours, in planning and preparation for the events.
- High School diploma and some post-secondary work.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with children, adolescents, and young adults in a residential program.
- Skilled in monitoring, mentoring and developing youth. Experience with low income students a plus.
- Strong organizational skills including skills in planning and multi-tasking.
- Flexibility, with ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast pace environment.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilites.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.