Workforce Development Specialist
JOB ID: 22000326
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is an amazing tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
Milton Hershey School is seeking a Workforce Development Specialist to play an integral role within the Office of Graduate Programs for Success. This position is responsible for providing direct support and advisement to students and graduates who wish to pursue short-term training or a certification program. Starting pay is in the range of $25.43-$33.96/hour, pay is determined based on experience. This is an on-site position located in Hershey, PA.
- Guide & advise high-school seniors and alumni on formulating and applying to short-term training or certification programs
- Assess short-term training programs not affiliated with an accredited college; and provide recommendations on programs for scholarship access
- Research and facilitate potential housing agreements for student participating in short-term training programs
- Track, document, and report on student progress
- Provide frequent, relevant, informative, and supportive outreach and updates to the students and graduates on caseload
- Maintain accurate records to monitor student progress and identify strategies for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with other MHS staff to organize special events, align efforts, and ensure continuity
- Bachelor’s degree required (counseling, psychology, or closely affiliated degree)
- At least 3 years of higher education, workforce development, community college or related experience desired
- Experience with diverse youth from lower-income and dis-advantaged backgrounds a plus
- Proficient with utilization of Microsoft applications, internet and social media
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Demonstrated skills in pro-actively anticipating needs, discerning priorities, and problem-solving
- Exceptional team skills including the ability to facilitate and collaborate.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond their scope of job responsibilities
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.