Water Safety Instructor
JOB ID: 22000248
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a year-round part-time Water Safety Instructor (WSI) to work at MHS’s 3 indoor pools and the outdoor aquatic center. The K-12 Aquatics Water Safety Instructor (WSI) is responsible for ensuring all MHS students master the skill of swimming, prior to their high school graduation while maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment through constant surveillance of those in the pool areas and by immediately addressing and resolving concerns in a constructive manner.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Manager, the WSI plans, organizes and provides quality swimming and water safety instruction to the Senior Division students (grades 9 – 12) at MHS’s Spartan Pool during learn to swim classes. The WSI also provides instruction under the supervision of PE teachers during the school day in PE classes. This position pays $21.54/hour. This is an on-site position located in Hershey, PA.
- Planning and organizing class teaching outlines, methods and goals that support the general teaching outlines provided by the Aquatics Manager / Assistant Aquatics Manager & the American Red Cross Swimming Program.
- Providing a high level of quality instruction for all students by designing and implementing appropriate classes for the swimming level being taught.
- Establishing positive relationships with Houseparents of class students helping them understand swimming developments and achievements.
- Communicating regularly with PE teachers to identify students needing swim lessons.
- Enforcing pool safety standards and facility operational rules for all individuals using the facility.
- Completing and submitting records and documentation of completed lessons to the Aquatics Manager and the American Red Cross.
- Working with the Aquatics Manager to keep accurate records of students who pass the Deep Water Test.
- Attending staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Completing additional duties as needed.
- Minimum of HS diploma or GED.
- Must be at least the age of 18.
- Successful experience as a Water Safety Instructor.
- Red Cross certified in Water Safety Instruction.
- Lifeguard certified preferred.
- First Aid and CPR/AED certified for the Professional Rescuer Certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with students, as well as adults.
- Demonstrated high standards of professionalism, attentiveness, skill proficiency, supervision, customer service and leadership.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.