Warehouse Food Distributor – Part Time
JOB ID: 23000136
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world's best private schools, where qualifying students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade live on campus and receive an exceptional educational experience with all costs covered. MHS is currently seeking a part-time Food Distributor to join the Hartman Supply Center team.
The Hartman Supply Center is at the very heart of the MHS community. Food and supplies distribution is one of its many missions, and our support staff know how vital their roles are in keeping MHS students their number one priority. You will be responsible for filling out orders of perishables, non-perishables, household items (personal care, cleaning products, and merchandise) from the electronic order fulfillment system; packing orders for shipment to their assigned destination; assisting with meal preparation support programs, as needed; providing high customer service support and maintaining a food safe environment (cleaning & sanitation). Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to organizing & cleaning shipping totes, student home deliver and/or pick up, filling and performing other duties as assigned.
The work schedule will not exceed 29 hours per week, Monday through Friday with hours from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. Part-time employees will be scheduled as needed to meet the needs of the school and this is a year-round position.
Bargaining Local Union 464 with starting pay: $16.83 per hour and after one year (probationary period) the rate will increase based on the school year. Part-time employees are eligible for a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program (EAP), free lunches when on duty, and Hershey area discounts.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior fulfillment knowledge or experience in a food service production, warehouse, or fulfillment environment.
- Meticulous attention to details with strong time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records, understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Physically capable to lift and/or carry up to 50+ pounds on a frequent basis.
- Knowledge of health codes and sanitation principles.
- Valid PA Driver's License in good standing.
- HACCP training.
- Valid NSF Serv Safe Certifications or ability to obtain upon hire within six months.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Proven multitasker.
- Ability to operate and care for institutional kitchen equipment.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of adults and students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.