Supervisor, Plant Operations
JOB ID: 21000175
For more than 110 years, Milton Hershey School (MHS) has helped children realize their full potential by offering a top-notch private, cost-free education in a residential model from Pre-K through 12th grade. Working at MHS is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move
MHS is currently seeking a Supervisor, Plant Operations (commercial) to provide dedicated, high-quality technical support to all building system operations on campus in an uninterrupted 24/7/365 basis model. Total equipment loads of 10,850 tons of chiller capacity, 5,900 HP of Boiler capacity and 23 - 15 KVA switch gears. This role assists the Manager, Physical Plant Operations with the operations of the scholastic and administrative buildings throughout the campus along with the private site infrastructure. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Management of the corrective and preventive maintenance work order system for all equipment located in the administrative and scholastic facilities.
- Provides direct supervision of a group of 10 union employees/technicians and outside contractors on their daily tasks and duties related to the assigned work.
- Oversees and inspects repair work to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Assists the Manager with bids for mechanical, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire alarms maintenance and special projects.
- Responds to emergencies situations on campus involving equipment, utilities and infrastructure.
- Assists the Supervisor, Residential Operations and the Supervisor, Building Automation in the administration of the Physical Plant to provide, maintain and replace equipment while conserving energy usage and cost.
This role requires weekly on-call rotation (24 hours a day, 7 days per week) for maintenance and emergency situations. Standard hours of operation: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm and may change due to seasonal and/or programmatic changes. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and financial benefits.
- Associate degree in related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience managing a large commercial power plant operation and maintenance (planning & implementation of PM program), required
- Extensive experience working with building automation systems in a large-scale commercial environment, required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading trade technicians in a related field (e.g., power plant/facilities/mechanical/maintenance/building automation systems operations, etc.)
- Valid PA driver’s license in a good standing
- OSHA-30 certification (construction & general industry certificate), required
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification, preferred
- ARC Flash training, preferred
- Niagara Technical Certification, preferred
- Highly detail-oriented and dependable
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and platform
- Proficiency in using technology, including MS Office, and Internet
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team, with effective skills in influencing others & negotiating
- Ability to work well across functions and departments to forge strong cross-disciplinary relationships
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service orientation
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.