Supervisor, Building Automation Systems
JOB ID: 23000134
For more than 110 years, Milton Hershey School (MHS) has helped children realize their full potential by offering a top-notch private, cost-free education in a residential model to students in pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade from income-eligible families. Working at MHS is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is currently seeking a Supervisor, Building Automation to assist the Manager, Energy & Environment with the operation and maintenance of the campus Building Automation System (BAS) providing dedicated operations and support of the critical building systems to operate the school on an uninterrupted 24/7 basis. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Assists with the management of the corrective and preventive maintenance work order system for all BAS related issues.
- Assists the manager with the asset renewal program and related projects associated with building systems and plant operations.
- Assists the Manger with the direct supervision of internal employees and outside contractors.
- Assists the Manager in the administration of Physical Plants to provide maintain and replace equipment while conserving energy usage and cost.
Regular work schedule is Monday through Friday from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. This position requires on-call availability 24 hours a day, 7 days per week for all maintenance needs. This requirement is rotated weekly with the Manager, Energy & Environment, Manager, Physical Plant Operations, Supervisor, Residential Operations and Supervisor, Commercial Operations. This is an onsite position with pay: $62,657.00 - $83,647.00 per year. Pay is determined based on the experience.
- Associate degree required. Major(s) required: Science or Engineering with eight to ten years’ experience in operations and maintenance management of an institutional or large commercial physical plant. Knowledge of energy management and energy management systems in institutional, commercial, or industrial settings with a minimum of 5 years of direct responsibility of a Building Automation System.
- Technically proficient with strong experience working with Building Automation Systems operations, Physical Plant operation and maintenance & planning and implementation of a preventive maintenance program, required.
- Valid PA Driver’s license in good standing.
- OSHA 30-Hour - Construction & General Industry Certificate, required.
- Niagara Technical Certification, required.ARC Flash Training, preferred.
- APPA Supervisor’s Training, preferred.
- CPR Certification, preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills including the ability to strategically plan, collaborate, and deliver value-add results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task competing priorities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.