JOB ID: 21000146
MHS is currently seeking Part-time Substitute Houseparents (also known as Emergency Relief Houseparents) to work on an as needed basis to assist in student homes requiring additional adult coverage. Part-time Substitute Houseparents augment current Houseparent staff as singles (couple status not required).
The Part-time Substitute Houseparents assist with the normal household activities (preparing for the school day in the mornings, helping with homework, meal preparation, chore oversight, transportation, and all other student home routines). Weekends include recreational activities and Sunday Chapel attendance. Meals are included when schedued to work in the Student Home.
- This position pays $20.19 per hour per person or up to $726.84 per weekend
- Availability to work before or after school, and/or weekends.
- Successful experience (paid or volunteer) working with children and youth.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least age 27. No dependents or pets may accompany.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Flexibility required.
- Capable of handling emergency responses, as well as becoming CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing & be willing to learn to drive a 10-passenger van.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are expected to be role models for MHS students.
- U.S. Work Authorization required.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.