Sign Technician II – Graphic Design
JOB ID: 23000006
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world’s best private schools, where students from lower-income families who are looking for greater opportunity are able to explore their individual interests to the fullest. Thanks to the generosity of Milton and Catherine Hershey, the school is fully endowed, with the resources to ensure every child and staff member has what they need to succeed. The school has prepared over 11,000 graduates to lead fulfilling and productive lives and is expanding to serve more students in the coming years.
MHS is seeking a full-time Sign maker Technician/ ST II to join the team. This technician is a sign maker by trade and experienced with proper procedures & skills associated with the trade. Some of the responsibilities are:
• Design, layout and cutting of vinyl lettering and artwork on computer and plotting cutter.• Use Flexi-Sign Pro & Adobe Illustrator photo shop software on daily basis. • Develop and maintain a database of clip art and previous sign work.• Design and fabricate various types of signs including road signs, building and neighborhood ID signs, room signs, desk plaques, banners, and poster boards, all in various shapes and sizes from desk name plates to 8'xl5' building signage.• Repair and replace existing signage on campus, using architectural plans to ensure a uniform look in relation to existing signage.• Cut and prepare various substrates as necessary to accept vinyl.• Design, fabricate and install means to display signage such as poles, easels, stands and sandwich boards, etc.
The technician is required to demonstrate a journeyman level of knowledge by achieving a score if at least 70% on a professional examination and demonstrate journeyman level skill through successful completion of a practical exercise. This position is also required to respond and perform corrective, proactive and preventive maintenance work orders on campus.
This is a bargaining unit onsite position and the starting salary is $30.63/hour and after the probationary period (1 year) the salary will be increased to $34.47/hour. Current work schedule is Monday – Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. A full-time schedule shall consist of forty (40) hours of scheduled work with a minimum of two (2) days off.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of current experience in Graphic Arts designing and sign making with general knowledge specifically to facilities maintenance.
- Or equal, two (2) years of trade school and three (3) years current experience in Graphic Arts designing and sign making with general knowledge specifically to facilities maintenance.
- Software required for sign making.
- Valid PA Drivers’ License (CDL class B preferred) in good standing.
- Asbestos Awareness Training preferred.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS Staff are role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.