Sign-Maker Technician/Structural Trades Tech II
JOB ID: 23000006
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a career. All careers at the school are designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking a full-time Structural Trades Technician II/ Sign maker. The primary focus of this position is on sign maker, however, requires proficiency in all structural trade disciplines. This technician is a sign maker by trade and experienced with proper procedures & skills associated with the trade. Other duties required, but not limited to, roofing, carpentry, masonry, flooring, and general building maintenance.
The technician is required to demonstrate a journeyman level of knowledge by achieving a score if at least 70% on a professional examination and demonstrate journeyman level skill through successful completion of a practical exercise. This position is also required to respond and perform corrective, proactive and preventive maintenance on all campus facility equipment and infrastructure.
Bargaining unit position with OPS-464. The starting salary for this position is $30.63/hour (plus any shift differential) and after the probationary period (1 year) the salary will be increased to $34.47/hour. (Anticipated hire date on or after 10/1/2023).
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday full-time flex shift (the current need is for first shift*). Any combination of the shift times listed below on a weekly basis. A full-time schedule shall consist of forty (40) hours of scheduled work with a minimum of two (2) days off:
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (*)
- 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- 4-10 hours shifts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of current experience in Graphic Arts designing and sign making with general knowledge specifically to facilities maintenance.
- Or equal, two (2) years of trade school and three (3) years current experience in Graphic Arts designing and sign making with general knowledge specifically to facilities maintenance.
- Software required for sign making.
- Valid PA Drivers’ License (CDL class B preferred) in good standing.
- Asbestos Awareness Training preferred.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS Staff are role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.