Senior Manager, Networks & Telecommunications
JOB ID: 21000242
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a full time on site Senior Manager, Networks & Telecommunications. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the School’s network, server and telecommunications infrastructure, including: inside and outside cable plants, internet and voice/data circuits, wired and wireless data networks, firewalls, physical and virtual servers, server storage systems, VoIP phone systems, 2-way radios and repeaters, building paging systems, and other related technologies and services. This position reports to the Director of Technical Services and will manage a team of five or more professionals who are responsible for maintaining existing technology and designing and implementing new, efficient, reliable, secure, and cost-effective technologies and services.
MHS is a pre-K through 12th grade residential school in Hershey PA. The campus consists of over 250 residential, academic, and business buildings which are interconnected with our own underground cable plant. The Information Technology department provides top quality technology systems and services that are required to operate the school efficiently. These include a campus-wide data network and a wide range of telecommunication, multimedia, computer, and application systems. Our data network also supports a variety of specialized systems for the Facilities and Security departments. Some of the responsibilites are:
- Assist the Senior Director, Information Technology and the Director, Technical Services with creating and maintaining a strategic plan for all network, server, and telecom systems.
- Ensure all network, server, and telecom systems and services are functioning properly through proactive monitoring, preventative maintenance, tuning, and by resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Oversee network, server, and telecom projects from start to finish. Utilize an RFQ/RFP for large projects.
- Support School expansion by ensuring the required technology is designed and implemented for the construction of new buildings and the renovation of existing buildings.
- Ensure required security controls are implemented and vulnerabilities are mitigated in a timely manner as they are identified by the Director, Information Security.
- Ensure all systems are properly documented
- Manage service and support contracts
- Supervise a team of 5+ employees, student interns, and 3rd party contractors. Ensure work is prioritized and completed in an organized, professional, and timely manner with a focus on top quality customer service.
- MHS is a 24x7x365 campus. Ensure critical after-hours support needs are being met in a timely manner. This position is required to participate in the on-call process.
- Collaborate routinely with other IT management team members and employees to design, implement, and support technology (Enterprise Applications Team, Client Services Team, Information Security Team, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology related field or commensurate years of experience
- 8+ years’ experience using, supporting, and managing network, server, and telecommunication systems, services
- Experience with preparing and manage budgets
- Experience supervising and leading a team of technical professionals
- Experience managing projects and using RFQ/RFP processes
- Ability to evaluate new technologies and assist with setting strategic direction to meet the changing needs of the School
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve complex business and technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written communicate skills
- All MHS employees are expected to demonstrate a high level of integrity, positive spirit, mutual respect, and commitment to our mission.
- Employees are expected to participate in the life of our students to help enhance their education and provide meaningful experience.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.