Senior Financial Analyst
JOB ID: 22000318
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. MHS is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance team which is dedicated to overseeing and effectively managing the assets the Hershey’s bequeathed to MHS for the care & education of the students enrolled today and into perpetuity.
The Senior Financial Analyst contributes to the oversight of funds & assets through the following functions – capital project & fixed assets accounting, financial analysis & reporting, robust data analytics development and maintenance, financial & process audits including internal control assessment, and monitoring of the annual operating plan. Additionally, this role provides oversight of intercompany and shared services functions including reconciliations, analysis, reporting, and compliance.
This is an on-site position with a pay range of $71,000 - $94,000 a year, plus benefits.
- Monitor and ensure pro-active adherence to the Capital process including regular status reviews and reporting of project spend to ensure ample opportunity for issue identification and resolution.
- Prepare monthly roll-forward schedules.
- Partner closely with Procurement and Financial Reporting.
- Assist with budget vs actual expense variance analysis.
- Develop & implement new analysis and reporting, particularly for shared services.
- Conduct balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries.
- Audit financial transactions for accuracy.
- Implement internal controls and conduct periodic evaluations.
- Support annual financial audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting, or Business. CPA preferred.
- 3 plus years of financial analysis and/or accounting experience required.
- Advanced Excel reporting and analysis skills required. Experience with enterprise systems preferred. Peoplesoft experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in value-add financial analysis & reporting, as well as US GAAP accounting/compliance.
- Experience working effectively with external auditors, and proven knowledge of internal controls implementation/evaluation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and influence. Must be a skilled communicator with both financial and non-finance individuals.
- Self-motivated, results oriented professional who is effective in independent self-managed work, as well as working in teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Commitment to excellence required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.