Scholarship Services Specialist
JOB ID: 22000284
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
Milton Hershey School is seeking a Scholarship Services Specialist. The Specialist is the centralized communication and technology resource for scholarship initiatives. This position collaborates with the Scholarship Supervisor to provide focus and support to the School’s $8 million Continuing Education Scholarship (CES) program. The CES program annually supports over 500 young graduates at over 130 different post-secondary schools by supplementing their financial aid.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot the in-take and processing of financial and academic documents from graduates and colleges necessary for creating and maintaining records (for both digital files and CES database).
- Initiates and supports efficiencies to serve the team’s document workflow.
- Respond to telephone, email and website inquiries from students and parents regarding rules of the CES program or individual circumstances.
- Serve as the primary CES staff member who triages and maintains the workflow of the department email address and phone number.
- Originate digital communications including mass emails and website updates/enhancements. Regularly communicating with post-secondary institutions and other third parties affiliated with graduates’ post-secondary studies.
- Work with various colleges and university staff members in Financial Aid or Student Accounts departments to resolve payment problems or other issues on behalf of students.
- Compile and complete data as assigned for varied research projects & CES calculations.
- Conduct CES-related presentations for current high school students and, on occasion, their parent/sponsors and MHS graduates.
- Collaborate extensively with other MHS staff regarding graduates and the CES program.
- Assist with the review of scholarship files to recalculate CES awards.
- Make recommendations to the Scholarship Supervisor regarding workflow design and technology.
- Problem solving and special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Assistance in calculating CES eligibility for short-term certificate programs and/or loan repayment.
In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, vision & dental insurance, and financial benefits. Starting pay is in the range of $22.11-$29.53/hour, pay is determined based on experience. This is an on-site position located in Hershey, PA.
- Associate degree or higher.
- Three or more years’ experience working in a college “Welcome Center”, Financial Aid Office or closely related setting.
- Experience with systematic document in-take and document workflow processing.
- Skilled in multi-tasking competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High volume processing and repetitive task tolerance during peak seasons.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to explain complicated information effectively.
- Experience with PowerFAIDS financial aid database a plus.
- Working knowledge of eSignature & Document Sharing systems.
- Experience with first-generation college students and under-resourced families preferred.
- Conducting classroom and family event presentations.
- Proficient with Excel and familiarity with other Microsoft applications.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.