School Nurse (RN) / Evenings
JOB ID: 22000026
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is currently seeking a full-time evening-shift Registered School Nurse (RN) to join an amazing team to provide acute and comprehensive health care to students from Pre-K to 12th grade. Thanks to the foresight and generosity of Milton S. Hershey & his wife Catherine, MHS provides a cost-free home, food, clothing, healthcare and education to over 1,900 students from under-served settings. The school is expanding to serve more students and plans to increase enrollment to 2,300 students. The unique and child-centered structure of MHS’s Health Services programs enables nurses to focus where their heart is – on student/patient care. We have on campus a 24/7/365 health center facility with 40-bed infirmary and 3 school medical clinics with state-of-the art equipment. At MHS, we seek to educate the whole child. We care about providing comprehensive health and wellness programs for our students. These include free medical, dental & psychological care. MHS is a culture of excellence and collaboration, dedicated to student health and success.
This is a year-round full-time Monday – Friday evening-shift position with hours from 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm in the Health Center. Rotation to cover for holidays, emergency conditions (including snow) and mandatory enrollments and students returning to campus from holiday breaks. The RNs are represented by Milton Hershey Education Association (MHEA). In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and financial benefits.
- PA Registered Nurse License required, Bachelor’s degree in nursing, preferred
- Minimum of two years nursing experience, physical assessment, primary pediatric, school health and/or emergency nursing, and counseling skills
- Valid license to practice as a registered nurse in PA, required
- Valid PA Driver's license in good standing
- Ability and willingness to be flexible regarding the work schedule is essential
- Current CPR certification and advanced first aid training
- School Nurse Certification a plus
- Candidates should demonstrate high level of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for the MHS Students
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.