Senior Payroll Analyst
JOB ID: 22000208
Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition-free, private home and school for over 2,000 pre-K through 12th grade students. Since its’ founding, the lives of more than 11,000 children from lower income and working-class families have been transformed through high-quality education and a positive, nurturing home life.
MHS is seeking a Senior Payroll Analyst (SPA). The SPA is responsible for the processing of bi-weekly payroll and assistance with the monitoring and maintaining of accurate payroll financial data, tax reporting, internal controls, and adherence to internal policies, union contracts, regulatory requirements, and professional standards. Additional duties include:
- Providing high quality subject matter expertise & customer service through providing information, answering inquiries, and problem-solving.
- Performing regular audits.
- Completing account reconciliations (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Processing of W-2’s and conducting complex payroll tax processing.
- Compiling and analyzing data for financial reporting. Report development and maintenance. Records management.
- Participating in systems upgrade activities.
- Recommending process improvements.
- Creating & maintaining training materials.
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or affiliated major.
- Payroll certification.
- Demonstrated success in a payroll position for at least 5 years.
- Demonstrated success in enhancing payroll functionality.
- Exceptional computer skills including payroll systems, HRIS, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, etc.
- Extra-ordinary attention to detail.
- Able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex information effectively and to problem-solve/collaborate with others.
- Candidates should be eager to engage with students.
- Candidate must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.