YRE Lead Instructor- Level 2, Part-Time
JOB ID: 22000277
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. Some students do return home over breaks and during the summer months. Many choose to stay at MHS. For these students, we offer the Year-Round Experiences (YRE) program. It operates when school is not in session. Also, students are required to return to MHS two weeks before classes begin in August. During this time, they prepare for the new school year. They also participate in YRE activities and begin sports practices.
MHS is seeking an energetic YRE Lead Instructor (Level 2) for the YRE Program. YRE programming is designed to encourage students to remain on campus in a safe, fun, and nurturing environment. A variety of programs provide the MHS students the opportunity to explore a passion or interest in an experiential setting.
The lead instructor is responsible for development and facilitation of programming while ensuring the safety and well-being of all members of the group. Also, offers an authentic hands-on experiential learning activity during scheduled calendar breaks. To learn more about YRE and our program, visit our YRE page by clicking HERE!
Work schedule: hours are flexible based on students' needs and up to 29 hours per week, but most hours would be from 8:15 AM-3:15 PM during scheduled school breaks and/or summer break as schedule permits.
This is an on-site position that pays $18.91 an hour and we do not offer benefits to part-time employees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Education and/or human services field of study preferred.
- Prior successful experience working with children in a school or organizational setting.
- Ability to design, lead, and facilitate programming for large and small groups of children and youth
- Working knowledge of positive disciplinary practices and understanding of the developmental needs of children from Pre-k through 12th grade.
- Valid PA Driver's license in good standing, as this position requires transporting students to and from activities around the campus.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, a plus.
- Must have a desire to work directly with children and youth from a diverse background.
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, as all MHS Staff are role models for the MHS Students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.