Part-Time Relief/Weekend Houseparents
JOB ID: 22000245
Would you enjoy spending two weekends a month working with students from dis-advantaged settings & positively impacting their lives? Do you enjoy working with your spouse? Consider Relief Houseparenting at Milton Hershey School (MHS).
Relief Houseparents are married couples who work every other weekend at MHS, caring for eight to twelve students in campus homes. The work weekend begins at 6 p.m. on Friday and lasts until 9:30 p.m. on Sunday evening. A private apartment attached to the student home is provided while working.
Relief Houseparents are the alternate caregivers while full-time Houseparents are off duty. They oversee the students’ weekend living which includes providing healthy meals, recreational opportunities, Sunday Chapel attendance, and relaxation time. Relief Houseparents are part of the Religious Education Program and nurture students' spiritual development. More information on the Religious Programs is available at: https://www.mhskids.org/mhs-experience/religious-programs/.
Relief Houseparents collaborate closely with the full-time Houseparents to maintain the homes’ standards and routines to ensure students’ well-being from a physical, social, emotional, and spiritual development standpoint. Relief Houseparents frequently interact with other MHS staff members & students’ families. There are also some administrative responsibilities.
Relief Houseparents may have up to two of their own children accompanying them. They are compensated $1453.68 per weekend per couple. Meals are provided by nature of the job. Paid training is provided and required annually.
- Couples must be legally married, preferably for a minimum of 3 years.
- Both spouses should be at least age 27. No more than 2 dependents permitted. No pets or visitors/guests are permitted.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated success working with or volunteering with youth.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and inspire.
- Organizational & multi-tasking skills in busy and dynamic environments.
- Crisis response skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Driving records in good standing & willing to learn to regularly drive students in 10 passenger vans.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are expected to be role models for students.
- U.S. work authorization.
Please note the selection process includes on-line applications, phone screens, on-campus interview, reference checks, in-depth background checks & medical clearances (including a 50 lbs. lift test).
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.