Part-time Medical Pre-Enrollment Interviewer
JOB ID: 22000183
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free non-profit Pre-K through 12-grade residential school serving more than 1,900 students from low-income families. As a growing residential campus, MHS needs a variety of professionals to support the health and wellness needs of our students.
MHS is currently seeking a part-time Medical Pre-enrollment Interviewer to conduct interviews & medical information intake for students and their families to collect health history information. This role provides support to the Admissions Pre-enrollment Coordinator to ensure accuracy of health and medical data. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Conducts interviews and assessments of students and families during the pre-enrollment process.
- Completes eye chart exams, vital signs, height & weight measurements, etc.
- Communicates effectively with students, families, external health agencies and schools.
- Coordinates schedules with families and MHS staff.
- Medical record management & data entry.
- Ensures a high degree of confidentiality, accuracy and accountability.
Work schedule: Flexibility with the schedule is a must - usually 4 days/week from 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM up to 29 hours per week. MHS employees have access to MHS fitness facilities, free lunches in the student cafeterias and Hershey-area employee discounts. Part-time employees do not receive medical benefits. Competitive hourly rate based on work experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a medical office setting, admissions, and/or related field required.
- Certified Nursing Assistant / Medical Assistant, preferred.
- Exceptional interviewing skills to effectively communicate with a diverse population of students, families and MHS staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical terminology required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications & Electronic Medical Records systems.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Valid PA Driver's License in good standing.
- CPR/First Aid certification
- OSHA-Blood Borne Pathogens certification.
- Knowledge of HIPAA Compliance.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
- Must be willing to actively engage with students and their families & sponsors.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.