Part-Time Hairstylist – Braider
JOB ID: 21000089
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is currently seeking a talented Stylist Braider to join the team in the School’s Hair Salon – "Spartan Styles". This is a part-time role responsible for the hair care of 1900 plus MHS students from Pre-K through 12th grade. The stylists wash, blow dry, braid (including cornrows, box braids, French braids and feed-in braids), twists/coils (comb, two-strand, locs/dreads, and re-twisting of dreads) and haircuts (scissor and clipper cuts) of students. Enhancing and maintaining healthy hair for students by providing instruction in grooming and hygiene is also an important part of the job.
Hours are scheduled, as needed, by the Spartan Styles Salon’s manager. The current need is for a stylist who is available to work Monday through Friday starting at 3:00 p.m. and Saturday starting at 8:00 p.m. Work schedule/hours cannot be guaranteed and will not exceed 29 hours per week.
MHS stylists are paid at an hourly rate (NOT "per head/tip basis") based on the experience and, part-time employees do not receive medical benefits.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Current PA State Certification/Cosmetology/Barber License, required
- Prior experience working in a professional beauty/barber shop, preferred.
- Demonstrated skill providing hair care to children and youth, including natural hair braiding and experience with multi-cultural hair types.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor and solid time management & organizational skills, required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a diverse workplace and to interact professionally with adults, children and youth.
- Skills in Microsoft & Google applications, Internet, preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of the job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.