Part-Time Driver Dental Services (non-CDL)
JOB ID: 22000174
Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free, private home and school for over 2,000 pre-K through 12th grade students. Since its’ founding, the lives of more than 11,000 children from lower income and working-class families have been transformed through high-quality education and a positive, nurturing home life.
MHS is currently seeking a Part-time Driver (non-CDL) to join the Dental Services team. This position assists Dental Services by providing high-quality care to students while transporting and accompanying students to/from off-campus appointments for treatment. The professional will also provide emotional support and supervision while transporting students, ensure students are treated with respect, and always maintain personal/professional accountability consistent with the vision and mission of the school. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Ensure safe and timely transport of students to/from dental appointments, both on and off campus
- Ensure students are properly secured in vehicle (e.g., seatbelts, car/booster seats)
- Effectively communicate with the Dental Office Coordinator establish weekly work schedule
- Responsible for transport of all necessary dental documentation related to the student to/from the off-site treatment provider. Communicate pertinent treatment/contact information relevant to student appointments
- Safely maneuver and transport students who have received sedation dentistry.
- Be prepared to deliver basic first aid and CPR, if needed
- Maintain vehicle with respect to fuel and cleanliness, and ensure vehicle is appointed and receives periodic inspections and maintenance, as necessary
Work schedule: Hours may vary between 7:15 am to 4:00 pm. Monday – Friday, up to 29 hours per week. This position may be utilized by other Student Health Services departments during the summer and over holiday breaks. No benefits are offered with this part-time position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid PA Driver’s License in good standing required; must have the ability to drive a SUV and 8- passenger school vans.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certified required or ability to obtain one within one month upon hired.
- Ability to handle confidential information, ensure HIPAA compliance, and to maintain professional boundaries with students and staff.
- Flexibility and willingness to work different hours throughout the week (M-F; 7:15a – 4:00p).
- Physical ability to lift and assist students.
- OSHA training for blood-borne pathogens a plus.
- Ability to perform/follow proper infection control procedures and adhere to current COVID mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of MHS campus and surrounding communities a plus.
- Knowledge of dental/medical terminology a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS Staff are role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.