Dispatcher Telecommunicator – Part-Time
JOB ID: 22000253
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
MHS is seeking a part-time Dispatcher Telecommunicator (CMT) to join the Campus Safety team dedicated to ensuring student safety and contributing to smooth campus operations. This is a unique opportunity as CMTS’s interact with others to assist with a variety of responsibilities to help keep the extensive residential school campus operating smoothly. Currently, the CMTs dispatch between 15 – 45 calls daily and actively monitor 800 surveillance cameras on a 24/7 basis. Each day is different! CMTs receive incoming calls, initiate, and coordinate services, and provide feedback and follow-up to our customers. The CMS also oversees the 24/7 Central Monitoring Station: monitoring fire, mechanical system and security alarms, emergency, and non-emergency situations, as well as surveillance cameras across campus. The CMTs are considered essential personnel during emergencies and are required to report to work when the school is closed for any reason.
The work schedule is considered flex part-time, working up to 29 hours per week with hours that typically fall between 2nd & 3rd shifts., with occasional need for flexibility to work other hours.
- 2nd shift hours between 2:00pm-12:30am
- 3rd shift hours between 10:00pm – 8:00am
Pay rate starts at a minimum of $19.23 an hour but does not include a benefits plan.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience handling customer service requests, complaints, and problems required.
- Prior experience working with security alarm systems and surveillance equipment required.
- Prior experience with APCO Telecommunicator I, APCO Law Enforcement Dispatch an/or APCO Medical Dispatch training preferred.
- Proficient computer skills using an IBM platform in a variety of software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with security/surveillance systems.
- Experience with a Total Quality Management System.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced, multitask environment.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and seek resolutions to problems in a professional manner.
- Ability to process data entry thoroughly and accurately in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service and dispatching skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS Students.
- Candidate should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.