Certified Nursing Assistant – Part-Time
JOB ID: 22000020
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking a part-time Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join an amazing and diverse team to positively impact the lives of youth. This role works primarily day shift up to 29 hours per week from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm but will require evening hours from 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm depending on the students and department needs. Also, will be scheduled to work every other weekend, primarily day shift. Pay ranges from $17.00 - $23.00 an hour based on the experience. We do not offer benefits to part-time roles.
The CNAs assist the registered school nurses to provide high quality health care to MHS students in a 40-bed Health Center and in the 3 school based clinics. This includes assisting with admissions & discharge procedures of students, as well as transporting and accompanying students to and from medical appointments off-campus including emergency room visits. The CNAs must maintain confidentiality and personal and professional accountability at all times while striving to provide high quality health care and programs that are "child-centered" consistent with the School's mission and the Student Health Services program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Valid certification from a state approved Nursing Assistant training program or equivalent required
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with children between the ages 4-18 required
- Experience working with a diverse adult & student population preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications required
- Valid PA driver’s license in good standing required
- OSHA trained for blood-borne pathogens
- Physically able to lift and assist injured students
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and team environment in a fast pace and dynamic work environment
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered role models for MHS Students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.