Painter – Structural Trades Technician
JOB ID: 22000261
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
MHS is seeking a full-time Painter - Structural Trades Technician II to join the team. The primary focus and expertise are on painting, drywall, wall coverings, etc. Other duties as assigned associated with maintaining over 200 buildings including student homes, staff/training apartments, academic buildings, and administrative & support facilities within the 9,500 acres of School’s campuses. Work assignments will be based on the overall skills set of the technician; however, this role is required to support any of the structural trade disciplines (carpentry, roofing, masonry, welding, flooring, etc.). The technician must demonstrate journeyman level knowledge by achieving a test score of at least 70% on a written examination and successful completion of a practical exercise.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, with current hours from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. This is a Bargaining unit Local OPS-464 position with a starting hourly rate of $29.82 and after one year of probationary period, the hourly rate will be increased. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical, and dental insurance, and financial benefits.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years of current experience in commercial and residential Painting and general knowledge specific to facilities maintenance.
- Or equal, 2 years of trade school and 3 years of current experience in commercial and residential Painting and general knowledge specific to facilities maintenance.
- Valid PA Driver’s License in good standing (CDL Preferred, Class B).
- Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Ability to work with large equipment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing demands and ongoing change.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft applications (word, outlook email, etc.), internet and other systems.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.