Orthodontic Administrative/Clinical Assistant
JOB ID: 22000352
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is currently seeking a full-time, 10-Month* Orthodontic Administrative/Clinical Assistant. This role primarily schedules orthodontic appointments for MHS students, communicates with and obtains treatment consent from parent/sponsors, processes orthodontic paperwork, ensures proper documentation in electronic health records, orders orthodontic supplies, performs front-desk/clerical duties, and runs report queries for the orthodontic department. The ideal candidate will also possess a clinical skillset to assist the orthodontist in all orthodontic procedures. Some responsibilities include:
- Schedule orthodontic appointments for Milton Hershey students
- Maintain accurate orthodontic/dental electronic health records
- Collaboration to appropriately schedule operative and specialty appointments
- Collect and compile data for report queries and annual report
- Provide secretarial duties (telephone, typing, scanning, faxing, filing and email)
- Establish and maintain open communications with other MHS departments (Student Health Services, Home Life and Scholastics), as appropriate.
- Make outreach calls and establish lines of communication with parent/sponsors to obtain treatment consent and ensure timely and quality orthodontic care for MHS students
- Occasionally transport students between dental clinics and to specialty appointments
*A 10-month work schedule typically includes a summer break (early June to Aug 1). Work Schedule: Monday - Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. We offer our full-time employees generous health and insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.). Starting salary ranges from $21.00 to $25.00 an hour.
- Vocational or other technical school, certification, training, or apprenticeship beyond High School, required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in orthodontics performing hands-on chair-side assistance and front-desk/administrative duties.
- PA x-ray certification required (demonstrate either two contact hours or four continuing education units every four years to satisfy DEP requirements).
- Ability to take accurate dental/orthodontic records: digital photos, Cephalometric, panoramic, and intra-oral films, and mount films properly for evaluation. Take impressions and pour and trim diagnostic casts.
- Strong clinical chair-side assisting skills.
- Working knowledge of dental/orthodontic terminology and armamentarium.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills and ability to learn new systems quickly. Familiarity with Dolphin and Dentrix a plus
- CPR/AED certification and OSHA training
- Candidate must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students and HIPAA compliance/confidentiality is essential.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.