Middle School Assistant Principal
JOB ID: 22000254
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking an Assistant Principal for the Middle School, this position would also act as the Middle Division Athletic Director. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, MHS is a cost-free, private home and school for over 2,000 students, pre-K through 12th grade, in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Since its founding, the lives of more than 11,000 children from low-income families have been transformed through high-quality education and structured home life.
MHS’s Middle School has an enrollment of over 600 students in grades 5 through 8. In addition to high quality education, students benefit from an extensive list of athletics and extra-curricular programming. MHS provides state-of-the-art educational resources and maintains a low student/faculty ratio to support student success. There is a strong emphasis on career-focused education. Extensive athletic, visual/performing arts and other extra-curricular resources are also provided to enable students to explore interests and possibilities for their future selves. The Assistant Principal / Athletic Director partners with other Middle Division administrative team members to ensure a positive scholastic & extra-curricular environment for all students. This includes providing leadership to the faculty, support personnel, and ancillary staff.
The Assistant Principal plays a key role in facilitating student success. This includes creating a culture of excellence and promoting MHS’s core values. Ensuring positive academic outcomes is a component of the job which includes collaboration with the Home Life team and the Curriculum & Instruction team. Responsibilities include monitoring assessment data, facilitating support plans, oversight of student behavior, assessment remediation, credit recovery, summer school, Saturday Academy, social and emotional learning programming, and wellness initiatives. The role also has oversight of MHS’s Middle Division Athletic program which includes coordination of the athletics 3 season schedule, oversight of affiliated equipment & required resources, and the hiring and supervision of athletic staff. Additional responsibilities include interacting with student’s families and sponsors, coordinating safety initiatives, advisory roles, committee leadership & participation, and more.
- Master’s degree required. Principal Certification strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of successful teaching experience, preferably with students from low income.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in positively impacting academic outcomes & positive behavior management required. PBIS & MTSS framework experience desired.
- Demonstrated skills in curriculum utilization and development.
- Skilled in administering, interpreting & utilizing standardized testing.
- Experience overseeing athletic programming preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills with students & adults required, including the ability to inspire & influence others for positive outcomes.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills required.
- Budget management experience desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, GoogleDocs & databases required.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- MHS seeks “all in” candidates who are eager to actively engage with students beyond the job scope.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.