Mechanical Maintenance Technician II
JOB ID: 22000177
For more than 110 years, Milton Hershey School (MHS) has helped children realize their full potential by offering a top-notch private, cost-free education in a residential model to students in pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade from income-eligible families. Working at MHS is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is currently seeking a full-time 3rd shift Maintenance Technician II – Plumber/HVACR to join the team. This position requires proficiency and diagnostic abilities in all mechanical trade disciplines including, but not limited to, HVAC/R, plumbing, residential & commercial appliance repairs and minor electrical repairs. The ability to respond and perform corrective, proactive and preventative maintenance on all campus facility equipment & infrastructure is primary to this position. The incumbent is required to demonstrate journeyman level skill through successful completion of a written and practical exercise. All work is to be performed in accordance with all state, local and federal codes, and regulations, and may require licensing. Work assignments will be based on the overall skills of the Maintenance Technician II – Plumber/HVACR, however, this position is required to support any of the mechanical trade disciplines.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm. A full-time schedule shall consist of forty (40) hours of scheduled work with a minimum of two (2) days off: Bargaining unit position with OPS-464. In addition to a competitive salary ($30.86 an hour during the first year of employmen) our full-time employees receive generous health and insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in commercial and residential settings in conjunction with two years of post-high school technical training in relevant fields such as:
- Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration
- DDC Control Systems
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Or, six (6) years of relevant current work experience in an institutional and residential application.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, practices & techniques used in the installation, repair and maintenance HVAC/R, plumbing, appliances, and electrical systems.
- EPA Level 2 Refrigeration Certification minimum, Universal Certification a plus
- Valid PA Driver’s License in good standing. CDL license a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour Training. OSHA 30-Hour Training a plus.
- Building Management System experience preferred.
- Backflow Prevention Device Tester Certification a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS Staff are role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.