Lifeguards – Outdoor
JOB ID: 21000222
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is currently hiring Lifeguards to work throughout the 2022 summer season (May 14, 2022, through September 5, 2022). The K-12 Aquatics Lifeguard is responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy learning/recreational environment during all Aquatics Program offerings. MHS has 6 pools (including indoor) so year-round lifeguarding can also be an option. Swim lessons, recreational time and competitive training and events are all uses of the pools that occur throughout the year. Lifeguards maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility to ensure everyone's safety and to immediately and effectively address and resolve any concerns with both youth and adults. Qualified applicants should exhibit high standards of professionalism, attentive vigilance, aquatic life-saving skill proficiency, supervision, customer service, and leadership. Shifts are available during school hours, after school and evenings. There are also some weekends' shifts, and the pay rate is $12.75 an hour. Please click HERE to learn more about our program.
- Must be at least 16 years of age when applying (work-permit for minors PDE 4566 required)
- Minimum of 1 (one) year experience preferred
- Available to work from May through September
- Current certificate in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (or the ability to obtain one by 5/15/22) required
- Ability to work various shifts, including daytime, evenings and weekends
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for MHS Students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.