Lifeguard – Red Cross Cert Provided
JOB ID: 22000249
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is currently seeking Indoor Lifeguards to work throughout the winter and spring seasons as well as Outdoor Lifeguards for the summer. MHS will provide hired candidates with free Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
The K-12 Aquatics Lifeguard is responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy learning/recreational environment during all Aquatics Program offerings. MHS has 3 indoor pools for the elementary, middle and high school divisions. Swim lessons, recreational time and competitive training and events are all uses of the pools that occur throughout the year. Shifts are available in the early morning, during school hours, after school and evenings. There are also some weekend shifts.
Lifeguards maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility to ensure everyone's safety and to immediately and effectively address and resolve any concerns with both youth and adults.
Qualified applicants should exhibit high standards of professionalism, attentive vigilance, aquatic life-saving skill proficiency, supervision, customer service, and leadership.
MHS employees have access to MHS fitness facilities, free lunches in the student cafeterias and Hershey-area employee discounts. Competitive hourly rate in the amount of $15.00.
- Must be at least 16 years of age by 12/29/22 for 12/27/22-12/29/22 class and by 1/22/23 for the 1/14/23, 1/21/23, 1/22/23 class.
- Able to pass all components of American Red Cross Lifeguard certification, including timed swimming, required.
- Ability to work various shifts, including daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.