Junior Varsity Wrestling Assistant Coach
JOB ID: 22000294
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free home and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. MHS provides enrolled students a multitude of opportunities, including numerous athletic options with access to state-of-the-art athletic facilities led by a committed coaching staff.
MHS is currently seeking a Wrestling Junior Varsity Assistant Coach for a one-year ancillary position at the High School. The coach is responsible for leading the program year-round to develop students athletically and competitively, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. The season runs from November through March. Practice times vary Monday through Saturday throughout the season, with off season expectations as well.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of successful coaching experience with demonstrated success in establishing a highly competitive program, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Ability to teach beginning and advanced sport-specific skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Ability to interact with student athletes at different skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- Candidate should be eager to build the program & invest in student talent development year-round.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.