IT Infrastructure, Senior Manager
JOB ID: 24000007
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world’s best private schools, where pre-K through 12th grade students from disadvantaged backgrounds seeking greater opportunity can explore their individual interests to the fullest. Thanks to the generosity of Milton and Catherine Hershey, the school is fully endowed with the resources to ensure every child and staff member has what they need to succeed. The school has prepared almost 12,000 graduates to lead fulfilling and productive lives and is expanding to serve more students in the coming years.
MHS is seeking a full-time on-site Sr. Manager, IT Infrastructure. This position reports to the Sr. Director Information Technology and is responsible for overseeing the design, implementation, and support of core infrastructure technology systems and services. This includes wired and wireless data networks, cable plants, firewalls, servers, server storage systems, VoIP phone systems and other telecom systems/services, multimedia systems, data and voice circuits, and other related technologies.
The following information explains the scope of the environment:
- The MHS campus consists of over 290 residential, school, and administrative buildings all interconnected with an MHS owned underground cable plant which supports data, voice, and cable TV services.
- The School’s data network consists of over 500 switches and 2,500 wireless access points
- The server environment consists of over 300 virtual servers across two data centers, with multiple data storage systems. These servers are used to host a wide variety of core services and applications.
- MHS utilizes a campus-wide VoIP phone system with over 2,000 digital and analog phones
- MHS utilizes a campus wide two-way radio repeater system with over 300 radios
- The campus uses a wide variety of multimedia systems in auditoriums, meeting spaces, offices, and classrooms
- The core infrastructure team is one of four teams within the IT department, with the other being Client Services, Application Development, and Information Security.
The starting compensation range for this position is $110k - $147k plus a competitive benefits package.
- Supervise and lead a team of 7+ IT professionals and 3rd party contractors to ensure their success and the overall success of the team, the department, and the School
- Oversee the operational support for existing core infrastructure technology to ensure the following work is performed in a professional, consistent, and timely manner:
- Preventative maintenance and patching
- Proactive monitoring of critical systems to identify issues
- Responding to and resolving all issues
- Respond to all routine daily tasks
- Oversee all core infrastructure technology projects from start to finish
- Create RFP, RFI, RFQ, and ROI documents
- Evaluate solutions/options, present findings to management, and make recommendations
- Prepare annual budgets for the team
- Create project plans and schedules
- Ensure projects are prioritized and completed in a timely and professional manner with attention to detail and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed on the status. This includes effectively collaborating with other members of the IT department and other leadership and positions around the campus.
- Assist with the design of core infrastructure technology for campus construction projects
- Perform general administrative tasks
- Assist with creating and maintaining policies and procedures relating to core technology systems and services
- Collaborate with the IT Information Security Team to identify and implement approved security controls to ensure vulnerabilities and risks are mitigated in a timely manner.
- Maintain all required service and support contracts.
- Create and maintain accurate infrastructure system documentation and policies .
- Ensure appropriate levels of after-hours support for critical systems.
- Assist with annual operating and capital budget planning for systems, services, and projects within the Infrastructure team
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology related field or commensurate years of experience
- 8+ years’ experience using, designing, implementing, and maintaining network, server, storage, telecommunication, and multimedia systems and services.
- 3+ years’ experience supervising and managing a team of IT infrastructure employees
- Project management experience
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Experience with preparing and managing budgets.
- Experience in IT related procurement, vendor relationships, and contract management
- Experience managing infrastructure projects of all sizes
- Ability to evaluate new technologies and assist with setting strategic direction to meet the changing needs of the school.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve complex business and technical problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communicate skills and ability to present technical information in layman’s terms.
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgement, and ability to achieve meaningful results.
- Model the School’s MHS sacred values of: integrity, positive spirit, mutual respect, and commitment to our mission.
- Candidates must be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities
Share this job:
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.