Human Resources Assistant I
JOB ID: 23000072
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a Human Resources Assistant (HRA) to work on-site Monday – Friday from 8:00AM – 4:30PM as the first point of contact for the Human Resources (HR) Department. This is a key role to help ensure smooth operations of the HR team by assisting employees, students, candidates, and others. The position provides support by directing inquiries to appropriate persons, maintaining the reception area, ordering supplies, coordinating services for the department, scanning and filing, data entry, invoice and purchase order processing and other office support functions.
The HRA is the lead role in background clearance processes which includes FBI fingerprinting. The HRA is also the lead role collecting and processing student hiring paperwork. This position requires efficient and accurate multi-tasking, as well as a positive customer service outlook. Compensation range for this job is $17.00 - $23.00 an hour and includes a benefits package.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year experience working in an office setting required. Experience in a HR office a plus (familiarity with background checking and hiring procedures preferred).
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrated skills in effective multi-tasking, customer service & problem solving.
- Exceptional detail orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with both adults and students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.