High School Diving Assistant Coach
JOB ID: 21000166
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free home and school for over 1,900 students from lower income. The school’s mission is to nurture and educate the students’ so each one can reach his or her full potential. MHS provides enrolled students a multitude of opportunities, including numerous athletic options with access to state-of-the-art athletic and aquatic facilities led by a committed coaching staff.
MHS is currently seeking a Diving-Swim Varsity Assistant Coach for a one-year ancillary position to co-lead the diving part of the program with the head coach at the High School. The diving coach is responsible to provide direct support to the program year-round and to develop student-athlete divers (boys & girls) athletically and competitively, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life.
The season runs from November through March. Practices are generally held Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., with occasional practices on Saturdays. Swim meets are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from mid-December through early February. An implementation plan for a significant level of participation and competitiveness will be expected of all applicants.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience diving at a high level in High School and/or College preferred.
- At least 1 year of successful coaching experience with demonstrated success in establishing a highly competitive diving program, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of competitive diving.
- Ability to teach beginning and advanced skills.
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) lifeguard certification.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Ability to interact with student athletes at different skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- Candidate should be eager to build the program & invest in student talent development year-round.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.