High School Cheerleading Varsity Assistant Coach
JOB ID: 22000076
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a cost-free home and school for over 1,900 students from lower income. The School’s mission is to nurture and educate the students’ so each one can reach his or her full potential. MHS provides enrolled students a multitude of opportunities, including numerous athletic options with access to state-of-the-art athletic facilities led by a committed coaching staff.
MHS is currently seeking a Girls Cheerleading Assistant Varsity Coach for a one-year ancillary position (fall & winter seasons). The assistant coach is responsible for co-leading the organization and administration of the program to develop students athletically, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. The Fall athletic season begins in August 2022 and the Winter athletic season ends March 2023 with practices times Monday through Friday from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Cheer experience at the college level a plus.
- At least 3 years of successful coaching experience with demonstrated success in establishing a highly competitive program, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and lead a team of coaches.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate & influence in cross-functional settings.
- Ability to build a network to facilitate new and creative opportunities.
- Candidate should be eager to build the program & invest in student talent development year-round.
- Candidate should demonstrate high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.