Health Services Staff Assistant, Part-Time (evening)
JOB ID: 23000016
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking a Part-Time Health Services Staff Assistant (HSSA) to join the Health Center Clinic. The HSSA supports the nurses and physicians through various administrative duties, such as receiving and transferring calls regarding student concerns, tracking paperwork, scanning medical records, filing, fax. In addition, the HSSA provides assistance with coordination of various projects related to student medical data retrieval, reporting, record retention and working with several electronic systems. The HSSA, always maintains personal / professional accountability, confidentiality and rapport with all students and staff. This is a year-round position Monday through Friday up to 29 hours per week and hours will fall between 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm with a primary focus from 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm. The minimum hourly rate starts at $16.72 (plus 5% shift differential) and we do not offer medical benefits to part-time employees.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing secretarial duties in a medical/healthcare facility
- Experience with medical terminology and medical records, preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification, preferred
- OSHA Training a plus
- Valid PA Driver’s license in good standing
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and other systems
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills to handle several scheduling demands
- Strong time management, ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (telephone etiquette)
- Ability to handle confidential information and to maintain professional boundaries with students and staff
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of students, staff, and others
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.