Director – Financial Operations
JOB ID: 23000110
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. The School is expanding and diversifying its’ services to meet more student needs and we’re expanding our financial services team to ensure exceptional stewardship of the assets gifted by the Hershey’s over 110 years ago.
The Director works on campus and oversees payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable for MHS, as well as is a key support for shared services functions. The Director also is a lead functional resource to develop and maintain ad hoc and recurring financial analysis to ensure good stewardship and sound financial operations. Another component of the role is to proactively identify areas of potential business process improvements throughout the School and assist with implementing enhancements.
Compensation range for this position is $98K - $130K, plus benefits.
- Managing accounts payable and receivable teams through overseeing routine department activities, ensuring robust tracking and analysis, managing vendor relationships, maintaining reporting compliance, and enforcing budgets, policies, and controls.
- Overseeing payroll to ensure administered seamlessly, including tax related filings.
- Overseeing the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable and Cash Management function to ensure efficient administration and disbursements.
- Leading in the collaboration with other teams to develop business and operations process mapping, as well as creating and maintaining ad hoc data analysis.
- Leverage technology including the prioritization of the utilization of ERP platforms for analysis storage.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. MBA a plus. CPA preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- Prior management experience required.
- Excellent computer application skills including advanced Excel skills. Peoplsoft or other ERP experience desired.
- Demonstrated skills in overseeing and enhancing financial operations including payroll, AP and AR.
- Exceptional financial reporting and analysis skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and influence.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Jobs at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
View more exciting job opportunities at Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate against applicants or employees, in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.